• Social Services Assistant

    Job Locations US-NE-Lexington
    ID
    2019-1048
    Category
    Social Services
    Type
    Regular Full-Time
  • Overview

    1. Works in a normal office work environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, etc
    1. Spends up to 40% of day seated, completing paper/computer work. The rest of the 60% percent of the day is spent completing various patient related activities, i.e. meeting with patients and caregivers. May assist during emergency situations to help transfer patients, requiring 35 pounds to pivot transfer a patient. May assist in transferring patient beds down halls, up to 35 pounds of horizontal force pounds to move bed up to 200 feet in distance. May also assist with bed and chair mobility to help assist patient into a better position. May take part in 1-2 meetings per day, whether in hospital, Emergency Room or Family Medicine Specialists clinic. Will need to ambulate around the hospital up to 30% of day to 700 feet to Family Medicine Specialists clinic. Stocks own shelves with information, lifting up to 7 pounds approximately 50 inches in height to 3 inches from floor. A cabinet contains overhead storage that may need accessed with materials 1-2 pounds in weight.

    Responsibilities

     

    1. Works alongside the Director of Social Services to assist with duties as assigned.

     

    1. Assists with initial contact with patients, visitors, and staff. Uses critical thinking to determine which staff member to connect them to for appropriate services.

     

    1. Completes referral based assignments given by Social Service Director or coworkers.

     

    1. Assists with Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security Disability, and Rx applications when given a referral from the patient’s LRHC primary provider on an Inpatient or Outpatient basis.

     

    1. Assists Transition teamwhen needed. Duties may include answering phone calls, receiving and sending faxes, and secretarial work.

     

    1. Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration and coordination to achieve continuity of care, minimize fragmentation and utilize health care resources more effectively.

     

    1. Attends and serves on various meetings and committees within and outside of the hospital.

     

    1. Supports the patient/family to improve the patient’s health and wellness through appropriate resources.

     

    1. Assists with chart reviews as needed by department.

     

    1. Completes quality reporting in a timely manner.

     

    1. Complies with social service visits for application assistance.

     

    1. Maintains patient and staff safety through the use of patient safety tools (Teamstepps, Just Culture, etc.).

     

    1. Regular attendance at the assigned work location is required.

     

    1. Performs all other duties as assigned.

    Qualifications

    1. Education and training in various areas of human services including community resources, social justice, ethics, etc., as is typically acquired through an Associate’s degree in Social Services or another human related field.

     

    1. The ability to use computers, computer software such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and LRHC’s electronic medical system. The basic understanding on how to use the telephones, copy machines and fax machines. The ability to think critically by problem solving and understanding of how to work with diverse populations as is typically acquired through 1-2 years experience in social work.

     

    1. Ability to withstand mental workload of focusing on tasks and meeting deadlines. Visual abilities to read lengthy regulations to ensure compliance.
    2. Communication skills necessary to coordinate services with medical providers, nurses, secretaries, other staff members and representatives from outside agencies.

     

    1. Basic Life Support certification via American Heart Association required within six months of hire.

     

    1. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to protected and sensitive information and follow HIPPA rules.

     

    1. Must be able to perform basic phone and computer skills

     

    1. Ability to complete reports and correspondence at a professional level.

     

    1. Ability to immediately respond to common inquiries and complaints from patients, employees and regulatory agencies.

     

    1. Ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.

     

    1. Must be able to work with patient, visitors, coworkers, and hospital wide staff

     

    1. Must be able to meet the demands of the required assigned hours by department leaders.

     

    1. Must be able to comply with hospital wide policies and procedures as well as departmental policies and procedures.

     

    Options

    Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
    Share on your newsfeed