• Clinical Information System Analyst Assistant

    Job Locations US-NE-Lexington
    ID
    2018-1023
    Category
    Information Technology
    Type
    Regular Full-Time
  • Overview

    A skills and knowledge test will be administered to determine eligibility for position.

     

    Title: Clinical Information System Analyst Assistant

    Supervisor: Clinical Information System Analyst

    Department: Information Technology

    Minimum hours worked per week: 40 hours

    Working Conditions: Works in a normal office work environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, etc. Spends up to 60% of shift seated to complete various tasks, such as networking or desk related work. The other 40% of shift is spent wiring new areas, distributing new equipment, and ambulating around facility to work on equipment or trouble shoot problems. Employee will run wire around facility, which will require reaching overhead while on a ladder to access the ceiling and crawling up to 50 feet in the crawlspace. Box of wire/cable weighs 35 pounds and will need be transported up to 500 feet to specific areas to begin running the wire. Servers weighing 41 pounds are installed onto racks from 3 inches to 74 inches high. 20 pound switches are transported throughout hospital to appropriate IT rooms. 61 pound battery is transported on a cart 500 feet in distance requiring 15 pounds of horizontal force. Battery is to be lifted off cart to floor level for installation of battery, which may take 2 person assist. Phones and other equipment weighing 3-5 pounds are placed on shelves up to 85 inches high or more if needed, using a step stool to access these heights. Printers are required to be changed out and transported back to IT department on wheeled carts.

    Management responsibilities: None

    Responsibilities

    Principle duties and responsibilities

    1. Prepares and builds clinical documentation that follows regulations and clinical workflow and trains employees in the hospital's Information System.
    2. Prepares and builds documentation as deemed by clinical providers in the hospital's Information System's clinical programs.
    3. Collects and analyzes outpatient documentation and prepares charges for outpatient services.
    4. In conjunction with various hospital departments, captures data needed to meet Meaningful Use thresholds; collects and analyzes Meaningful Use data.
    5. Collects and analyzes the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Physician Quality Reporting System information in the clinical applications for completeness and accuracy.
    6. Collects and coordinates Newborn Hearing Screen results with the state, this involves the set up and training of infant hearing screen equipment.
    7. Collects and analyzes Outpatient documentation and prepares charges for outpatient services.

     

    1. Works within department to set up, analyze, test and install Hospital clinical upgrades.

     

    1. Troubleshoots and resolves issues that are computer related that are identified by clinical personnel.
    2. Sets up, analyzes, tests and installs hospital clinical upgrades.
    3. In conjunction with the Chief Information Officer, develops disaster downtime plans for hospital's Information System.
    4. Serves on committees as assigned.
    5. Enters restricted access areas, without supervision, to perform assigned work.
    6. Maintains patient and staff safety through the use of patient safety tools (TeamSTEPPS, Just Culture, etc).
    7. Regular attendance at the assigned work location is required.
    8. Performs all other duties as assigned.

    Qualifications

    Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities

    1. Basic to intermediate level of computer skills.

     

    1. Ability to understand and apply federal and state regulations into clinical documentation in all areas as is typically acquired through five years of clinical experience.

    2. Basic Life Support certification via American Heart Association required within six months of hire.

     

    1. Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail up to 80% of the time when building clinical documentation, etc.

    2. Ability to learn and keep up on changes for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Meaningful Use and Physician Quality Reporting System programs.

    3. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to protected and sensitive information.

    4. Ability to complete reports and correspondence at a professional level.

    5. Ability to immediately respond to common inquiries and complaints from patients, employees and regulatory agencies.

    6. Ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Advanced communication skills to train hospital employees on the various programs.

    Options

    Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
    Share on your newsfeed