Department: Family Medicine Specialists
Supervisor: Clinic Nursing Supervisor
Minimum hours worked per week: 32-36 hours per week
Working conditions: Works in a normal office work environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, etc. Spends up to 60% of day completing desk work in the office and the other 40% spent completing patient care related work. Required to assist with patient transfers, lifting up to 35 pounds for a stand pivot transfer 1-2 times per week. Helps transport patients via wheelchair to radiology or lab within the hospital; wheelchair requires up to 21 pounds of horizontal force up incline outside for a distance of 25 feet and 13 pounds of horizontal force on flat surfaces within hospital and FMS up to 200 feet in distance 3-4 times per day. Required to assist with patient care to take vitals and help handle babies of various weights, amongst various other upper extremity gross motor functions related to patient care, spending up to 5 minutes completing tasks per patient, with up to 20 patients a day. Required to help assist in the event of emergency situations, including performing CPR, which may require getting onto floor to assist.
Management responsibilities: None
Will vary depending on if candidate is an LPN-C or CMA
Principle duties and responsibilities
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities